Does any family look forward to summer in the city? Royal Belize says “no way!” Escape is what it’s all about, and the more exotic and luxurious the destination, the better. The resort is offering a five night summer getaway packed with fun and educational activities for the whole family (or just the kids, if their folks are eager for some adult time.)
Ideal for families with school-age children and teenagers, Royal Belize will provide a full-time “nanny” who will be on hand to keep the children entertained and engaged while their parents enjoy some romance or relaxation. For the kids, activities will focus on providing learning experiences packaged with a healthy dose of fun. There are plenty of options to keep the guilt-free grown-ups busy as well, including spa treatments, scuba diving, romantic dinners, sunset cocktails and dinner at sea on a luxury yacht, and more.
The “Ultimate Family Getaway Package” includes the following:
– exclusive enjoyment of the entire island
– use of a crewed private 47 or 50 foot luxury catamaran
– accommodations for two adults in Casa Valentina or Casa Catalina, plus an optional roll-away bed or crib for small children or infants
– additional accommodations for up to six children in three berths on the catamaran
– personalized meals prepared by a private chef (a vacation treat for parents and offspring alike)
– all beverages including beer, wine, and spirits
– complimentary day sails and sailing lessons
– two hours a day of WaveRunner use
– a river cruise for the young ‘uns while the adults enjoy complimentary spa treatments at Butterflies Spa
– a day-long tour for the entire family including any two of the following: the Mayan ruins at Xunantunich, a visit to The Belize Zoo, zip lining, and cave tubing
– the services of a well-qualified and enthusiastic children’s caretaker
– a half day each of the following children’s activities:
– Garifuna drum and dancing lessons – A troupe of local Garifunas will entertain the children by teaching them about their culture through traditional dancing and drum playing. The experience will be enriched by storytelling about this unique ethnic group’s history and accomplishments. The afternoon will end with an exhibition staged for the parents by the troupe and little anthropologists.
– Mayan basket-weaving and storytelling – Elder Belizeans will come to the island and show the children how to weave baskets, hats, and other items while teaching them about Mayan culture, history, and legends.
– Fishing and ecology lessons – A colourful local fisherman will take the children on a fishing expedition during which they’ll learn about the abundance of sea creatures that dwell in this marine reserve area and their interdependency with the local community, which has evolved from a purely agrarian colony to a thriving, sustainability-focused tourist destination. The catches will be brought back to the island, where the chef will show the children how to prepare the fish and serve it to the entire family.
– Snorkelling – A guide will take the kids to the reef on a snorkelling expedition, where they’ll visit their aquatic neighbours in all their spectacular diversity and beauty and learn about the delicate balance of this pristine ecosystem.
The family experience package is available from June through August 2012 for a rate of $17,975, including taxes, for a maximum of two adults and six children. Additional nights may be booked at a rate of $2,950 per night, plus 9% hotel tax; additional island accommodations or upgrades are available on request. An additional family day tour is available for $600. Local transfers via 15 minute commuter flight may be arranged for $120 per person round trip. Overnight sailings may incur extra charges. Activities require advanced scheduling and are subject to weather conditions.
Royal Belize, 011-501-610-1701, email@example.com, www.PrivateVacationIsland.com