Alaska is always exciting but there is no question that spring in Southeast Alaska is a unique time of year and a highly anticipated season because the region is reawakening after a long slumber through the long cold dark days of winter.
Alaska Sea Adventures, a small luxury cruise operator located in Southeast Alaska, celebrates this renewal by hosting their Southeast Alaska Spring Herring spawn and photography trips. Captain and Owner, Dennis Rogers, announces the 2014 dates for their perennially popular and exclusive trips held on the Northern Song, their 84-foot world class luxury expedition yacht. They are the only ones of their kind in the state.
Equipped with 4 private en-suite cabins, a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, and hosting less than 8 guests on each trip, the Northern Song offers an array of unique trips that bring guests to remote coves, corners, towns and fjords throughout Alaska. The Spring Herring Extravaganzas are the first of the season and offer a rare glimpse at one of Alaska’s most spectacular wildlife phenomenon.
The Spring Herring Extravaganzas scheduled for 2014 are as follows:
• Petersburg to Sitka Spring Repositioning Trip, March 20-24, 2014
• Special Sitka Sound Herring Spawn/Eagles and Whales, March 27-April 4, 2014
• Spring Photography, Exploring SE Alaska! Eagles and Whales, April 6-14, 2014
• Hoonah Sound Herring Spawn Event, April 18-25, 2014
• Seymour Canal Herring Spawn Event, April 27-May 4, 2014
Alaska Sea Adventures, www.yachtalaska.com