Travelers can get a golden ticket to satisfy their sweet-toothed desires this summer at Gstaad Palace. The Palace Hotel in the heart of the Swiss Alps has excitement on tap for the season ahead, including a Family Summer Package featuring a hands-on chocolate making workshop from world-renowned Swiss chocolate brand, Maison Callier.
Perfect timing for every generation of traveler familiar with Roald Dahl’s classic children’s fantasy, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which celebrates its 50th anniversary book launch in the U.S. this year. Even sweeter are the new Alpine activities to experience.
Satisfy a sweet-tooth with the new Family Summer Package, including:
– Four nights in any double room category, junior suite or suite
– Hands-on workshop to create and decorate chocolates from favorite ingredients at world-renowned Maison Callier in Broc, followed by a tour of the factory
– Return transportation by train
– Package rate for two adults and one child (from age 6, minimum height 41 in) including half board and use of Palace Spa: from $3,862. Rate for extra child (maximum two children in parents’ room): from $559
– Valid June 21 to September 14, 2014, subject to availability
There are also new activities available inspired by the “Alpine Life” that guests can experience such as:
Group hikes with picnics available morning, lunch and at twilight. Gstaad Palace offers a new picnic area built in the same spot where they planted 1,200 trees as a gift to the community and as part of their 100th anniversary.
Lunch or dinner at the Walig Hut, a charming rustic accommodation dating from the late 1700s with beautiful mountains and village views ($112 per person with transfer, food and all drinks included)
A guided stroll through local Gstaad history
Two-hour weekly mountain tour with a local cycling club from Saanen
Aperitifs around the Palace with owner and General Manager Andrea Scherz
Gstaad Palace also offers tennis on four outdoor courts with instruction available for all ages and skill levels; a children’s program with summer tobogganing, petting zoos, playground fun and more; and a Bounce Castle open on Sundays during Brunch.
The Bernese Oberland is particularly lovely during summer with pleasant temperatures and opportunities for sightseeing, shopping, cultural exploration and adventure. The popular Gstaad Mountain Rides features nine cable cars and restaurants and terraces surrounded by mountain views. Meanwhile, Gstaad-Saanenland golf course is located just 15 minutes from the hotel.
Gstaad Palace, www.palace.ch