As part of their ongoing commitment to create a complete sense of wellness and instituting meaningful sustainable practices, Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts are currently completing LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification.
LEED is a set of rating systems for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings, homes and neighborhoods. Part of the certification process requires Bucuti to implement a few additional measures to ensure a healthy environment and clean air for guests. The resorts have already installed HEPA air purifiers and dehumidifiers in each room to provide guests with an air quality that is safe, healthy and irritant-free. Additionally, they have discontinued assigning rooms that allow smoking on the balcony. As an extension of their clean air policy guests who do smoke are asked to do so in a designated area.
As of January 1, 2015, smoking will only be allowed in the following areas at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts.
1. Smoking palapa in south garden (south side of the Bucuti wing)
2. Garden deck (in courtyard garden, outside Tara Lounge and Carte Blanche restaurant)
3. Smoking area created on south corner of Elements deck, bordering the pool deck
4. Public beach in front of Bucuti wing
5. Public beach in front of Tara Wing (between ocean and pathway)
This new policy is in line with LEED certification requirements and enhance guests’ ability to enjoy clean air during their stay.
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts, www.bucuti.com